Monday, October 03, 2005

We made it....first hurdle!

We passed the critical 10 weeks...yippee!

Baby is doing great (at least we hope he/she is being kept happy). I'm still feeling good. I can't wait to get the rest of my energy back for awhile. (It's not as bad now as it was a few weeks ago, but I definitely have a new bedtime!)

Baby is still hungry all the time. It doesn't seem to matter what I consume or when, baby is still hungry a half hour later. I keep telling myself that it is because the baby lucked out with Adam's metabolism. I figure that growth spurts are occuring rapidly---it's hard though when I can't snack at my desk and when I'm awoken in the night to a growling stomach. Weird.

Our next checkup isn't until Oct. 27 which seems so far away!

Maternity clothes are probably in the near future---another couple of weeks or so... well, better than just looking oversized, I guess!

I spent 2.5 hours in Babies R US yesterday scoping out the terrain before Adam comes back there with me to start picking things out. I fell pretty good about the research (Oprah's trusty baby consumer guide is great!)

That's it. Busy week. Not sure if I'll blog again for awhile!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great update! Thanks! We are always thinking about you both and am glad you have passed hurdle #1!!!

Yes, maternity clothes....ahhh the fun clothes! Although I must admit they have come A LONG WAY fashion-wise since my days! I can remember the feeling of hardly being able to wait to wear those clothes to show off and then towards the end it was....If I have to wear these clothes another day!

Anyway, glad you two are having fun because that is the way it should be! Enjoy your moments!

keep snacking and can't wait until your little darling "kicks" you for the first time!

Take care.....

Anonymous said...

Becky and Adam,
This is great news. I got the info when grandma's (great grandma's) popcorn was delivered. It took some explanation, but when she finally understood she had a big grin on her face. I'm sure all her friends in the nursing home have heard and are excited.

Grandma Rose gave me the scoop on the site. You've done a good job. Becky, your picture with the glowing face tells all.

Now, as far as names...I do like Brooke. We can probably forget, but there is another Farver family name for females. It's...are you ready?...Belle. There's Isabelle (Belle), Milita Belle, Laura Belle, Charlene Belle, and yes...Margaret Belle. When you stop laughing you can forget I ever admitted to this!

One more thing, is it Grand Aunt Peggy or Great Aunt Peggy. Need to know for a permanent signature.

Bye for now,
Lost in Texas
LOL Aunt Peggy

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I was informed that I forgot a "Brook". Charles Brook.

Hello Grand Aunt Peggy!

Love, G.R.

Anonymous said...

OMG! U guys R having a baby! I am so excited 4 U 2! granma called me awhile ago and told me. I got so excited! hehe! But I'm glad all is well! I can't wait 2 C my new 2nd cuzin! O and I saw U were thinkin about painting the baby's room green and gold. Well I say go 4 it cuz those R pretty colors and not 2 mention my high school colors also! Gee that's a preety cool quinky dink! But NEhoo! I'll talk 2 U l8r and C if I can get ur guys E-Mail 4rm Auntie Kay or somthing! Well lotts of the love and prayers 2 all 3 of U! Hope 2 talk 2 U soon!

Rebecca said...

Wow! It's great that the news is spreading and we LOVE hearing the comments.

Catie--NO GREEN AND GOLD...we CANNOT risk getting a PACKERS fan! :)

Glad to hear from you Grand Aunt Peggy! We think of you often! Thanks for taking the time to check out our site!

Aunt Bette--we love the novels...keep 'em coming!

Unknown said...

Oprah has a baby guide??? I'm not sure I would allow a childless multi-billionaire to give me shopping advice. :) Just teasing, Becky - happy 10 weeks!!
Oh, and maternity clothes haven't changed THAT much. :) It's still super-exciting to get to wear them at first and yup, by the end you want to burn them ALL. :)