Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Telling the family...

Well, Adam and I thought it would be fun to send the Chicago grandparents/great-grandparents some pink and blue popcorn with a label reading, "Congratulations, you're going to be GREAT-grandparents!" or, "Congratulations, you're going to be grandparents!" Apparantly, some members of our family did not make the connection...maybe we'll have to be MORE obvious next time (don't worry, we still love you--enjoy the popcorn!)

My mom called on Friday saying, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been wanting to be a grandma!" She, apparantly, had no problem deciphering the popcorn code...

It was purely coincidence that Scott and Kathy's wedding was the same weekend we planned on telling family, so we got to tell the Rosenbaum/Buckley side in person. Here's how THAT exchange went...
(People present: Kay, Ron, Jimmy, Jane, Sig, Grandma Audrey, Jon, Adam and I)
Adam gives the box with pink and blue popcorn to his mom when we were getting out desserts. His mom, not looking on the side with the label, goes, "Oh, that's nice. We can have popcorn with our apple crisp." Thankfully she turned the box around and read the label. At this point, screaming occurred....then Jane started screaming....the guys were rolling their eyes...Jimmy kept saying, "What? What? What's going on?" Hugs and kisses all around.

We still had to tell Julie, Kreg, Audra, Kurtis and Olivia....so, on Friday, they dropped the kids off to go car shopping. We told the kids...Audra was excited...Kurtis was indifferent...Olivia wasn't sure about the whole thing (but later ran up and kissed my tummy). When Julie and Kreg came back, Olivia said, "Guess what???" Kurtis said, "We're gonna have..." Audra said, "A new cousin!!!" More screaming ensued...hugs and kisses followed shortly thereafter.

We still have many people to contact...including Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and Friends...
Lots of fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, this is about the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love that you have started a blog and I just wanted to let you know that I am checking it! When I read this entry, I was having a really homesick day and just started balling in the computer lab at 2:30 in the morning! I had to call my dad to hear someone's voice. They were tears of jealousness because I wish I could have been there when you told the family, but they were also tears of joy because I am overwhelmingly excited for you! I can't believe it is really going to happen! Congrats again and keep the updates comin!

Anonymous said...

oh...oops...sorry...that last comment was from me...Laura...your cuz! love you!