Tuesday, August 30, 2005

It's Official!

We had the 1st doctor's appointment yesterday. I met with nurse Deanna beforehand, where she gave me the thumbs up that I am definitely pregnant. Then, she went to get Adam from the waiting room so he could meet Dr. Marcantel and the office staff as well.

Dr. Marcantel is GREAT! Not only does he make you feel comfortable, he is also down to earth and fun! (Adam was leary about having a male doctor, but even he admits that we made a good choice). Anyways, Dr. decided that he'll do the 1st ultrasound to hear the heartbeat next visit. They do about 4 of them during the 40 weeks---they are the 3D kind, which I think is pretty cool. When Adam left the examination room, he walked past the nurses station (where they were all grinning ear to ear) and let out a big WooHoo! Made them all laugh! Gee, he's not excited....

Afterwards, we HAD to celebrate, so we went to the Macaroni Grill. Yummy! We are pretty giddy and excited...can't wait to share the news with family and friends!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry, I'm the Commenter From Hades. :) I laughed because we ALWAYS went to Bennigan's after my appointments, and it sounds like you are starting a similar tradition!! Enjoy it, since restaurant meals go far, far away once the baby comes. :)