Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Update...Probably More Info Than You Want!

We had our 36 week check up today...

It was EXTREMELY busy there today. I'd guess there were several "lunchtime" babies today because the office was more backed up than I've ever seen it. And...apparantly the tourists who visit the water parks sometimes get some nasty lacerations in places too private to mention. Yikes.

But, we REALLY wanted to meet with the doctor today, so we waited....and waited....and soon we were the last people in the waiting room...but alas, the door opened and the nurse called out my name! Yea!

We met with Dr. Marcantel today because Crider was busy with a tourist "accident". The doc said that the maternity ward is moving up to the new 4th floor facility this week--which is great because the new floor is pretty cool---bigger rooms and very pretty!

He went through some of the "when to come to the hospital" things and a little about what to expect from them.

Blood pressure was good.. 117/68 so they're not worried about the swelling that has recently started.

Tested for Group B Strep today, so we'll find that out next week. No biggie...just means antibiotics during delivery if I'm a carrier.

I'm measuring at 37 weeks...I've been toggling between measuring right on and one week ahead, so this wasn't big news.

Doc says I'm about 1-2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. He could feel the baby's head, so that means the THE BABY FINALLY TURNED! (It also means that Adam has been talking to baby's butt...hehehe) (Baby has been laying transverse, or sideways, for a long time now---as of 2 weeks ago, baby was still sideways, causing a little concern.)

He estimates the baby to be between 6-6.5 lbs. which is fine if it's 37 weeks, but maybe a little big if we go by 36 weeks. Of course, the ultrasound next week will tell us a lot more. (I'd like to verify the position as well as the size. Doesn't feel too big...hmmm...)

He pretty much just said that everything looks great now and the baby is well on its way...yea! We're getting excited to meet the little one!

6 comments:

CarolSue said...

AHHHH! I am SO EXCITED for you guys. You are so close to the most amazing experience ever and I'm just so darn happy for you. Sounds like everything is going very well and we may get to say hi to this little one soon! We're sending all of our love... and big giant hugs and kisses to you... you're almost there!
Lotsa Love -
cd

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! You're dilated to 1-2 already? That is so great!!! With Audra it took several hours of contractions to get to 1. Lucky you! Maybe this little one will come a little early after all. Now I wish I was coming to visit before Memorial weekend. That seems much too long of a wait. Keep us posted. We love you all!

Julie, Kreg, Audra, Kurtis and Olivia

Anonymous said...

AWESOME AWESOME NEWS !!!!!!

I am hoping, from what it sounds like, you will have easy labor like all of us "Gorr girls". (You know, none of us was in labor long for any of our kids!). With Chris I was in labor from start to finish in a little over 4 hours. So it sounds like you will have an easy time too (I hope so!).

Anyway, everything sounds like it is going great and right on schedule. It won't be long before your precious baby will be here. I wish I could be there to help experience all the joys you both are going through. I should have pursued my nursing degree in obstetrics but I chose marriage and motherhood early! (Wouldn't change that FOR THE WORLD!)

Good luck on your strep B test...I am partly the reason around here why they started testing for that prior to delivery ! I am sure you will be fine but it's good to be cautious.

God bless ALL three of you in these remaining weeks. I can't believe how quickly this time has gone by.

Unknown said...

HOLY CATS you are actually going to have a baby!! So fun! Hey, I'm curious to know what they told you as far as "when to call/go in" and also what you are ACTUALLY planning on doing (if you plan to buck their advice at all).

So fun to be "progressing"! And that's great news about li'l BP turning head down. It's amazing that the babies know what to do, and when.

Best wishes! Call anytime!

Anonymous said...

Hi my darlings,
It sounds like the baby is better on directions than it's Great Auntie Jane! I'm so glad it turned. Laura still does'nt know the sex and I have'nt slipped yet.
I don't know if I can stand not coming to see the baby. I may have to look for some cheap fares. It will be the first baby in the family that I have'nt seen right away. It would be nice if you really are 37 weeks and came early. God has wonderful, unbelievable joy coming your way! Talk to ya soon.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

yeah! the baby is head down! he/she is coming to the light! what a relief! and you are having cervical change! oh! so much to celebrate! we certainly hope you did!