Monday, April 03, 2006

The Greatest Invention!

My FL friends and I have found our new favorite thing....

It's called Dinner Done! It is a professional kitchen (just like those cooking shows) where you spend 2 hours making 8-12 meals for your family (each meal feeds 4-6 people and can be separated into smaller portions).

Everything made can go directly from the freezer to the oven or saute pan!

Basically, you pay $135 and show up...Adam and I get 16-18 meals out of it.

What I love most is the quality of food---these are not hamburgers, people! These are gourmet meals (see this month's menu below!) Also, they do all the prep work (dicing, measuring, etc.) for you ahead of time and they clean everything up at the end. You know what else is great?!?! If you want to alter the seasonings, veggies or anything else, you are free to do so. When you leave the kitchen, you have 8 (or 16) pre-made meals, packaged for the freezer and labeled with side item and wine suggestions.

HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?!? (Now, I know Adam makes some mean tacos, but at least we'll have more than tacos and noodles when the baby comes!)

This is what I picked to make this month:

Chicken Marbella-chicken with white wine and brown sugar glaze, capers and fruit

Chicken Parmigiana

Gorgonzola Beef Filets-onions, bacon and cheese atop filets

Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Asparagus

Pecan Bourbon Salmon-fresh Atlantic Salmon, brown sugar, pecans, bourbon, apple cider

Spicy Shrimp on Linguine-olive oil, onions, peppers, lemon juice

Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken

Yankee Pot Roast

YUM! YUM! YUM!

I found out they have a similar chain, "Super Suppers" if you want to check it out---no guarantees...the only one I've experienced is "Dinner Done!"

www.supersupperswoodbury.com (Woodbury, MN)
www.supersuppersedenprairie.com (Eden Prairie, MN)
www.ssnapervillesouthil.com (Naperville, IL)
www.ssnorthbrookil.com (Northbrook, IL)

5 comments:

CarolSue said...

I tried one with Michelle and Nikki called "Mix It Up Meals" a few months ago, and really enjoyed it. It's great to have those yummy meals all ready to go in the freezer - what a timesaver!! I'm glad you liked it, you should make sure to go a little while before Baby 'Baum comes so you have some meals stocked up and ready to go. There's also one around here called "Let's Dish." Great idea.

Anonymous said...

Hi

What a great idea. MMMMMMM, Dad and I will be there for dinner! Hee Hee

Call you tonight.

Love ya, Mom (Grandma near the Rum River and Marsh!!!)

Anonymous said...

BE CAREFUL!!!! A friend of mine wanted me to go into partnership in one of these franchises here in Illinois($100K, ya - nope!) I looked into it.....def not for me. But hey, if that's your thing........

Anyway............have you ever heard of TASTEFUULY SIMPLE? I heard they HAVE MARVEY STUFF and I KNOW A REALLY GREAT CONSULTANT!

PS - what happened to the good old days of "cooking"???? I am WAY too old fashioned.

Take care.........

Rebecca said...

I'm not going into business with anyone---just going to cook a few meals to have on hand after the baby is born---we're going on April 14, which will be great for Adam---he feels good about helping out with cooking and stuff, he's just a little challenged in the kitchen!

Unknown said...

I did Let's Dish once ... It was probably great but I was in the worst throes of morning-sickness so I didn't eat hardly any of the stuff and the thought of it brings back bad memories so I will prolly never do it again. Isn't that terrible?