Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Worth Passing On...

Alison had this poem on her blog today, and I feel that it is worth posting on mine as well. It makes you remember what is truly important....family, CHILDREN, friends....take time for them. The other stuff will still be around later!

"Mother oh Mother, come shake out your cloth
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing and butter the bread
Sew on a button and make up a bed.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(Lullaby, rockabye, lullaby loo)
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo)

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the hard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue?

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow
For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow
So quiet down, cobwebs; dust, go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi you baby fanatics!
This is Great Auntie Jane. I'm so glad your ultra sound went well. I'm in agreement with Meg, Julie and Grandma Kay. Ava Claire is very cute and I lke Kara Ann too. I don't like Heather or magan. I like Erik Grant for a boy. Is that definate enough for you? ha ha. Just my opinion. Adam I have my feelers out for you for a job. Are you going to be able to just teach Middle School Science? I heard you have to have quite a bit of schooling for High School Science. I know there will be an opening here for the 1st half of the year with the possibility of a full year. I also asked an art teacher to keep her ears open. I will also call around to the Middle Schools for art and Science openings.
Love you guys,
stay healthy,
jane