Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Oh what fun it is to go....back to work....

Well, it's January 3---back to the grind!

We had a wonderful two week break...saw lots of family, were constantly on the move, received some wonderful gifts, enjoyed way too much food and played lots of fun games!

Baby 'Baum made a haul this Xmas season---got Christmas gifts and shower gifts---the room is taking shape as a nursery now instead of just an empty room! (With some furniture, I'm sure reality will hit us!) Thanks everybody!

Some things we enjoyed:
1. Seeing family and friends
2. Xmas celebrations
3. Rockettes Xmas Spectacular in Minneapolis
4. The Vikings game
5. Deep Dish pizza from Chi-town (Lou Malnati's AND Gino's East)
6. Walking downtown Chicago in the cold/rain 8+ city blocks to see the light in our nieces eyes as we visit the American Girl Store.
7. The baby shower
8. New Year's Eve with friends in Minneapolis---lots of little ones this year and more next year!

There was so much more--too many blessings to list!

Baby must be a Vikings fan---VERY ACTIVE during the game (we'd like to think it is not just because of the noise in the dome...). Saw some cute Vikings gear but since we're not sure if boy/girl yet, COULDN'T buy anything! :(

We'll post some new pictures soon---belly is finally getting a little bigger...at least you can tell I'm pregnant now :)

Enjoy 2006!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys had a great break! Glad to hear it! I can only imagine how much fun it was to open gifts for baby to be and now to start getting the room organized. Hope being back to work isn't too hard.

Kathy V.

Rebecca said...

Kathy---so sad we couldn't see you! The shower was in Chicago so we were back and forth this time.

Anonymous said...

Becky- no problem, I knew you would call if it would work out. I understand how hectic it gets to see everyone when you are home for a short time. Maybe we will catch ya next time.

Anonymous said...

Becky and Adam ~

This past Christmas was certainly filled for you both. What a blessing it was for all to spend Christmas in Chicago on Wednesday and to follow up with the shower on Friday. It's been a while since there has been a baby shower in our family and it certainly was fun!

I had a blast shopping for baby items (I think it was MORE fun to see what is on the market now). I hope you enjoy everything. Adam, I know you had fun at the shower with all the gifts!

Anyway, it was a good time by all. I suppose the next time we see the two of you you will probably be officially the "three" of you!

Aunt Bette

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Hi Rebecca! This is Alison Morrow--you posted a comment on my baby blog and asked about the hypnobirthing and whether it was worth it. My answer is a resounding YES!!! My birth may not have gone as planned, but my labor was everything I'd dreamed of. Heck, I was having conversations with people, answering the phone, cracking jokes...apparently a nurse went out to the waiting room and found my parents and told them it had been a privilege to be a witness to my labor, and that she'd never seen anything like it in all her years of nursing. You really have to be dedicated to putting in the time to practice and work on things in the months leading up to the birth, but it is SO WORTH IT. If you have any other questions, PLEASE email me--I'd love to share my experience and give you a more detailed explanation of the hypnobirthing approach. :)

-Alison