Friday, January 27, 2006

A Parent's Promise...

I promise to love you-unconditionally

I promise to protect you-for your pain hurts me more than my own

I promise to guard and to guide you-materially, mentally and morally

I promise to foster soundness and strength-in your health, your head and your heart

I promise to catch you doing things right and let you do things your way no matter how messy or or asymmetrical

I promise to applaud your accomplishments-whether they be anonymous for nobody's eyes, or world famous for the Nobel Prize

I promise to be a good example always-for there's no telling what act ot attribute you might emulate

I promise to be honest, open and direct

I promise to be a pillar of courage and a pillow of comfort

I promise to explore the world with you, explain the world to you, and expect the world of you

I promise to be a fortress in which you can hide, a friend in whom you can confide, and a parent in whose heart you'll find love and in whose eyes you find pride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A little late.....

Oh, by the way, I loved the parents promise. It brought back memories and a tear to my eye.

I have a few more name suggestions I will bring. See you soon....

Love, Mom R.