Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Names...anyone...anyone....???

Ok, we have boys names narrowed down (to 3 decent ones, although not sure from there). HOWEVER, we aren't very far on girls names...ok, so we MIGHT have some middle names, but are not satisfied with any 1st names. We'd like to have 2 of each so that we have some good choices based on what baby looks like (and what sex it is, of course).

Too trendy....too long....too old-ladyish....too little kid-ish....

We like Eve and Ava....Adam and Eve??? Don't think so!

Suggestions welcome here!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Auntie Jane here. Well I've been paying close attention to the students names at school and here are a few... Gavin, Bennett,Jack, Tyler, Maddie, Brady (?), ummm How about Ricky Rosenbaum ha ha. Suzanne, Ruthie, Tessa, Leah. I'll try to send more as I think of them. Becky, I loved your thankyou! So clever and cute.
Take care,
Love,
Me

Unknown said...

Hey Beck,
Yeah, those cards were ADORABLE. What a great idea -- I may steal it sometime.
I forgot your stipulations regarding syllables and whatnot. Here are some names I personally liked that we won't be using:

Natalie
Stella
Ivy (don't tell my aunt I'm not using it, she'll be crushed)
Jane
Colette

And I really like Aunt Jane's suggestions of Suzanne and Ruth.

Just my $.02!! FWIW!

Unknown said...

Mmf! I forgot to tell you we got the best baby-naming book from the library: The Baby Name Wizard or something like that. It was WAY more helpful than the ones that just give the name and the country of origin and its "meaning." It gives you each name and then "potential siblings" (names that have the same "feel") -- which were weirdly accurate. It also gives "name categories" that can help you find other names you like.

I highly recommend finding that book, it's fascinating!!