Friday, January 13, 2006

Hypno Class--1st session

AMAZING!

I love the little class (there are 3 couples). The whole philosophy behind hypnobirthing makes so much sense---scientifically and otherwise! What I like about it (besides that hopefully it will help in an unmedicated birth) is that the tools and techniques can be applied to most areas of your life. Ex: How to quickly relax when someone/something has you stressed or upset.

One of the mothers in the group is from Barrington, IL---grew up 10 minutes away from me...graduated in '94 also!

The other mother is a middle school teacher and volleyball coach in Orange County (we're in Osceola County). All three mothers are die-hard Cubs fans. Can you believe it?!?!?!

Anyways, I have gotten many useful handouts and CDs already...I'd love to share more, maybe next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so as you learn more about this hypnobirth stuff let me know. It sounds interesting, however, my biggest fear of having a child is the actual birth part and the PAIN--I am a wimp! So when the day should come as much as I would like to not have drugs I am not sure that is going to happen. But this hypnobirth stuff might be right what I need, when the time comes!

Kathy