Monday, November 07, 2005

Crazy Lady @ the Doctor's Office

I don't think I've mentioned this before...but it is something I find so bizarre and have NEVER heard from a preggo lady before...

There's a girl sitting next to me at the office--she's about the same age as I am. We got to chatting a little and she tells me her baby boy is due in December. I ask her if this is her first and she replies, "First and Only!" "Oh, you and your husband are only planning on one?" she says, "No, we wanted a big family, but I CANNOT STAND how this baby moves and kicks inside of me. I am so irritated with him and cannot wait until December."

Yikes! I guess some people have VERY different opinions. I happen to think that feeling your baby move would be reassuring and kind of neat. Of course, while you are trying to sleep might not be fun or if baby wants to stand on your ribs or bladder, it might be uncomfortable/painful, but I haven't heard someone who downright hates it as much as she does.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I know from experience you tend to get "tired" of being pregnant....like being uncomfortable, feeling like a beached whale, etc... I can't recall ever saying I would have no more, but everyone is different with their feelings. I know once they tell your baby is here those feelings of "I am NEVER doing this again" seem to go away once you see that little precious face!

Now, you will probably hate the face of your husband during labor because well, that's just the way it is. You will think, he will NEVER touch me again! But again, that cry will change everything!

So don't think poorly of this poor woman's feelings...who knows what kind of pregnancy she has had. I can bet once her baby is born her feelings of today will totally change.

Have fun later this week with Great Grandpa, Great Grandma and Grandma Nancy!

LOVE,

GREAT FUN AUNTIE BETTE!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

it frustrates me every time i hear someone complaining about their active baby. if they only realize what an honor it is...and that not every woman gets to feel the "irritating" baby movements.

this, of course coming from a person who has never been pregnant, but sees many pregnant women throughout the course of a day at work.

baby movements are reassuring signs and they are gifts. they truely are. i wish more women would realize that. what an awesome thing to feel your child growing and moving and wiggling inside of you. i know sleep can be difficult, back pain can be terrible, peeing all the time can be irritating, swollen legs can be unsightly, deep breathing can be a challenge, to name a few. however, after holding your child in your arms, you'll know then that it was all well worth it and truely what a miracle it is.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Peggles, you are SO right! I unfortunately had the horrible experience of no movement when I was 7 months pregnant with baby #2....I would have told that woman my story and made her realize that birth truly is a miracle and not everyone has a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Be thankful you can feel movement, pee from pressure and have your ribs stuck by a hand or foot! Some cry to feel that feeling - nothing is worse than empty arms knowing once you were pregnant.

Not trying to be a downer but this is the truth!

God bless you Becky and Baby!