Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Things People Don't Like to Talk About


I haven't really done an indepth update in awhile. Lots of stuff has been going on in our lives lately, however. First of all, my brother came to town this weekend and we had a lot of fun catching up. Vivian was enthralled with Uncle Marc and I believe he felt the same way!








As for me, I've been up and down. When we were here in FL after Viv's birth and when we were in MN, I just didn't feel good. I was crying all the time and really not enjoying Vivian at all. In fact, I was convinced that she was a really hard baby who fussed all the time for me. (For everyone else, she was pretty good...but fussed a lot with me). Anyways, when we came back to FL a couple of weeks ago, I went in to my doctor. Sure enough, she diagnosed me with post-partum depression and was very glad that I called/came in right away. SO, here I am, 2.5 weeks later---taking Ativan when I feel anxiety and Zoloft every morning. Unfortunately, that means that I can no longer breastfeed---medicine would go to baby. But, the doctor said that since I was having so many issues with the milk, stopping was probably less stressful for me. Well, she got 5 weeks of the best food in the world, so I'm happy for that. I'm not crying anymore...in fact, Vivian has suddenly become very fun for me. She is starting to smile and loves to cuddle. She doesn't cry all the time with me. Probably just did that because I was so anxious and crying everytime she was with me. I feel a lot better about being a mom and I feel like I am able to handle things and roll with the punches again.

We're looking forward to our Alaska trip---cooler weather, here we come! (Whew!)
We're also looking forward to doing a little sightseeing in Seattle and Vancouver beforehand.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Becky,

Your Dad and I are very proud of you. Being a new mom is a challenging blessing and we know that your treatment will help you experience all the joys of motherhood. We hope that ALL family members will be forthcoming with health/medical histories. This is NOT about pointing fingers or shaming. This is about making sure that Adam and Becky have information that could assist them with the health and well being of their family.

Thank you for all the wonderful pictures of Vivian (you and Adam also). We will be moving the pictures from the display table to the "Wall of Vivian". Could you please post Vivian's size or the size you want/need for her.

Happy to hear that you had a good time with Marc. Cheaptickets.com. has amazing airfares for quick trips. We'll keep you posted about our travel plans.

Please call us if you have more questions or concerns.

We love you,

Dad and Rose

CarolSue said...

Beck -

Thanks so much for sharing your ups... and downs. Everything isn't always sunny and happy, and it's okay to share the not-so-good stuff, too. We all love you lots and are here for you! Hang in there and keep us posted!

Love,
Carol