Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Not for the weak of stomach...

Aaahh....pregnancy nose....you know the one...with that glorious heightened sense of smell....

Well, have I got a story for you!

Yesterday was our huge state FCAT testing. All started out well as the students came in, had a snack breakfast and the testing window starts. Halfway through the first test, a student raised her hand and asked to use the bathroom because she felt ill. OK--since there were 3 adults in the room, I could take her out. A few minutes later, she was fine and went back to finish her test. Well, as soon as she finished the last question on her test and closed the test booklet, she proceeds to throw up, yes, hurl, all over the test documents, desk, her books, clothes, everything. We're talking some major projectile stuff here. The other 8 students around her had to lift their feet off the floor to keep their shoes clean.

As soon as I smelled her lovely breakfast...I was done. No more. Couldn't bear to be in that room. Someone else had to cover my class for the remainder of the day. I'm not sure what is worse, the actual upchuck or the orange sprinkle stuff they put on it. Ugh. I'm gagging thinking about it. I went in to get my stuff at the end of the day and I could still smell it. This morning, I could still smell it---so someone had to cover my class again today. Yikes.

The funny thing is that we actually had to double bag her test documents and ship them over to district office to be shredded. That is going to be a RUDE box to open and attempt to shred.

Now instead of teaching/test administering today, I get to put labels on all the test documents. That is not so fun...but at least it smells good in here!



Baby is doing GREAT! Daddy and grandpa put the crib together this weekend and grandma bought some cute clothes and 2 stuffed animals! (She/He's flipping 'round and 'round with excitement! Thanks!)

2 comments:

CarolSue said...

I feel your pain. This heightened sense of smell can sure be a stinker - get it, ha ha! I can still pick up smells at home from not-so-pleasant events that happened weeks ago. Yuck!

Anonymous said...

Hi kiddos,

Had a great time with you in Florida. So much fun to visit, shop, sun-bath, step in the ocean, visit with Uncle Jim and Aunt Joann, see nursery, take MANY pix of nursery, giggle, play cards, read a book and EAT. You are a great cook and alrady a great mom Becky. Always so organized. Thanks for the hospitality and miss all of you. Won't be long now, Buddy and you will be a father, but most importantly a wonderful, loving Dad. See you end of May..Can't wait.....

Love ya, Mom and Dad.