Sunday, September 24, 2006

Carrots, "The Office", and the Best Invention!


I've promised pictures, and pictures you will receive!

Vivian has been busy this past week. Today she tried carrots for the first time and seemed to like them! She has started waking up at night again for food, so we've introduced rice cereal and carrots to hopefully have a little more lasting power.

My mom was here visiting---had a great time and definitely some quality grandma time! I started back to work on Thursday---it went fine, the kids are great, I just missed Vivian terribly all day long. Vivian did a little trial run at daycare last week. She was only there for a couple of hours, but did great and Stephanie (the daycare provider) really enjoys her.

Adam and I bought Viv an early Christmas present....Meg and Joel fondly term it, "The Office", aka Evenflo Exersaucer. It is GREAT! Vivian can spin herself around and play with a gajillion toys. The best part for her is that she can sit up by herself. Apparantly, laying down is for babies!

Lastly, the best invention ever! Some of you know that Vivi HATES riding in the car. We're not sure if it is riding backwards, not being able to see out the windows or what, but we have a solution....sorta. I found a REMOTE CONTROL operated mirror that lights up and plays songs, the whole 9 yards. I can control it from a garage door-like remote in the front seat. This keeps her highly entertained for about a half hour, which makes trips to the mall and Target (and school) much more enjoyable!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a big girl! She looks different to me again. I can't believe how fast she is growing! Glad going back to school last week went as well as it could for you. I had a nice talk with your Mom last week. She filled me in on Adam's injury and how everyone was. Can't wait to see you 3 in a couple weeks. We just booked our hotel rooms tonight! Talk to you soon.

Love, Julie
(Bummer the Vikes lost-but they put up a good fight!)
(Yeah Twins!)

Anonymous said...

Wow, does the "Office" come with all the toys or do you have to attach the toys Vivian has?

Glad you like Hootie's 1st "skull cap" can't wait to see the photo. I'm sure her cheeks look amazing.

We'll see you soon!

Love,

Rose

Unknown said...

Becky, thanks so much for posting the photos -- Viv is so beautiful. She looks so much like you, though I can see a bit of Adam too. I love getting the updates. Welcome back to the working world -- hang in there, only a couple months until Xmas break!