Thursday, September 07, 2006

4 Month Checkup

Yesterday Vivian had her 4 month checkup....all is well!

Stats:

14 lbs. 14 oz.-----75th percentile
Head is 42 cm---75th percentile
Length is 25 3/4 in.---90th percentile

Daddy's stats when he was 4 months:

13lbs. 7 oz.
26 inches

Developmentally she is right on track (if not a little ahead).
She can hold her bottle now if it is light enough.
She has found her toes and puts them into her mouth (Thanks, Peg, for teaching her this! :)
I gave her a little rice cereal today. The Drs. were on the fence about it but I thought it was rather successful. She gobbled down all of it with little problem (it was VERY soupy). I think I'll continue giving it to her once a day. I'll post pics of her first tastings soon.

I had a Dr's appointment today.
It went well, all things considering. Dr. Napolitano answered a lot of my questions...she is changing my medication from Zoloft to Cymbalta....since there is a withdrawal period I am doing what is called a crossover. I take less of one, more of the other in 7 day increments until I have completely switched meds. Cymbalta deals more with the anxiety, rather than focusing solely on the depression. I also have Ambien CR to help me sleep (even though Viv sleeps through the night, I don't!) She also ordered up another Thyroid test---she thinks it is a continuing cause of the depression.
Otherwise, she cleared me to start working again on Sept. 21, 3 days later than originally expected. Oh....so sad....like I'm really in a hurry to go back....sheah...right.

No comments: